Wednesday, February 4

Concept for the bookcase...


Remember the tired bookcase that we're re-purposing?

Here is the plan:
I need it to have plenty of closed storage so that little hands will stay out of it!
(I learned that lesson the hard way - last year a very cute pair of little hands found their way into my craft paints! I got there just in the nick of time and only one small pair of pants were ruined!)

I want it to be 7 feet tall, so that it will be grand enough in our current bedroom (10' ceilings), but will still fit into a room with standard (8') height ceilings. Both the desk and this bookcase will be given to our oldest son once he has his own bedroom.

The top bookcase will have two shelves - a 12" opening, a 10" opening and an 8" opening. It will have doors exactly like the bottom bookcase. The display shelf at the top will be 12" tall and will have beaded board in the back for a decorative touch. The crown molding on top will be 4" tall.


Here is the raw wood waiting to be transformed!

I am so ready for this project to be done! I want my bedroom back and currently all of my supplies are on the floor! My Handy Man is out in the garage working on this for me though and promises that I will be able to get a coat of paint on it today, so hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer!