Sunday, February 22

The Last Issue...


The past two days have been spent painting a client/friend's family room. It has been a lot of work, but the transformation has been worth it! I will post pictures of it soon!

When I got home from a long day of work last night I was so happy to find an issue of Country Home Magazine waiting for me. I couldn't wait to change out of my painting clothes and curl up to read it! Then...I realized that it was the last issue that I would be reading.
* sniffle *
So sad to see a great magazine like Country Home have to shut down. I know that I will certainly miss receiving my issues each month!

Inside there is a cute little article titled
"5 Great Ways to Pretty Up Your Porch"

So in anticipation of spring and being able to sit out on the porch with a glass of iced tea, here are some pictures of Beautiful front porches...
Country Home Style
I love the color they chose to paint the furniture!



What a perfect setting for a little girl's birthday party!



I love the look of a beaded board ceiling!



I love the combination of all of the white throughout the space and the contrast of the bold, black shutters!



Cool trellis idea!





I like the galvanized trunk being used as a coffee table!







I love.....everything about this one!



This one too!


.............................................................................................

Here are some tidbits from
5 Great Ways to Pretty Up Your Porch
in this month's issue of Country Home Magazine

..1..
A perfect transition space between house and garden, a porch should have the best of both world's. Bring in the outdoors with bouquets and plants.

..2..
Bring the indoors out by adding favorites, such as a cozy quilt, tablecloths, pillows and blankets.

..3..
Use favorite items from the house to create a simple tabletop - vintage pitchers, bowls and china plates.

..4..
Create zones with furniture such as a dining area and a conversation nook.

..5..
Get happy with color! Use plants and furnishings to achieve a fresh, spring feel.

...........................................................................................


To read the full article, be sure to grab a copy of your own!
It's a good one!


all photos appear courtesy of CountryHome.com