Tuesday, February 24

The Little Things...

It really is the little things that make a house a home...

Making your home a personal reflection of you requires adding objects that you love! I'm a fan of the BIG stores as much as the next girl, but it's those items that you can't find in every major store across America that make me
oh so happy!

When I saw this gorgeous makeover by Candice Olson on HGTV quite a while back, I quickly fell in love with most of the major elements in this shiny new kitchen!

But it was a small, overlooked accessory that really caught my attention and I have wanted one to call my own ever since!

Despite my efforts to find it online, I have no idea where it came from, if it is an antique or a reproduction, what it's original use was, or if it is something that can be purchased online.

Whatever the intended use, I love that it is now being used as a silverware holder! It is set close to the eating area and provides easy access for someone to set the table without having to walk through the kitchen while the cook is preparing the meal!
Perfect for helpful kids!

Have you ever come across something that you wanted to know more about, but all paths lead to nowhere? Do you have an item or two on your wish list that you can't find the source for?

If anyone has any bits of knowledge about this item, I would love to hear from you!

For now, I think I will try my hand at my own reproduction of it.
I'll let you know how it goes!