Thursday, April 23

In The Cookie Jar - Week Nine...

This week I made

Big Soft Ginger Cookies

found on AllRecipes.com

I followed the directions exactly as they were written and I'd say they turned out ok. Not bad, still yummy, but not great. And definitely not what we had in mind when we went searching for this kind of cookie.

Until...

I accidentally made a mistake!

You can see the difference in the cookies here...

The recipe says to flatten, then bake.

It was getting late and towards the end of the double batch of dough, I forgot to flatten the rolled dough balls and they came out of the oven extremely puffed up. So I flattened them right before I took them off the cookie sheet to cool.

The result:

Perfection!

We will definitely be making these again. Except from now on, the cookies will always be flattened after we bake them. They turn out perfectly dense! Exactly as a ginger molasses cookie should be!

Enjoy!

.........................................................

To see past In The Cookie Jar posts click here!