Friday, May 22

I'm A Sucker For Succulents...


It didn't take much coaxing for me to take on this next project.

After Kimba posted on Monday about putting her succulents under glass, I decided to try my hand at it.

I gathered my supplies:

Cactus Mix Potting Soil


Two small succulents


And a square glass jar that measures 6"x 6"x 6"

Potting was a snap!

But while I liked the look, I didn't love it.

It needed something more...


I had a bag of Wonder Rock just waiting to be used.

Yes, it's aquarium gravel, but the pebbles are tiny and a large bag is cheap!

I think it works perfectly for this!



Much better!

I like the contrast between the layers of dark and light and the way the varied shades of green pop against the white rock!


I think it makes for a cute, little point of interest on the coffee table...



Now, if I can just figure out how to keep the three-year-old little fingers out of it...