Tuesday, May 19

I Wasn't Going To Buy Anything....Really!

But how can you say "no" when you find these at a garage sale?

My friend, Kelly, who lives down the street from me, had her garage sale with a couple of friends on Saturday. We were supposed to do our garage sale on the same day , me referring people over to her and she referring people over to me, but then....well, you know.
I decided to drop by her house that morning to see how it was going (they were flooded with customers!) and to see if they needed anything because I was heading to the store. And as I'm walking up to her driveway I see this perfect pair of old, beat up, gorgeous oars!

Price: $15

Was that too much?

I'm not sure, but I was sure that I wasn't going to let anyone buy them out from under me!

They still have the metal hardware on them, which I love!

And they stand at a whopping 7 feet tall!

They're perfect!

Now I just need to decide where to hang them. I would love to build small brackets and hang them together horizontally in the living room, but I'm not totally convinced yet. I have considered breaking them up and putting each in a different room, but I think they'll make a bigger (and better!) statement if I keep them together.

And then there's always the option of displaying them outside...

As you can see, my mind is far from made up.

The "perfect spot" will come to me - just have to give it some time!

(I'm sure my husband will laugh at that last comment - when it comes to decor "Impatient" is my middle name!)

It will come to me...



How about you?

Any good Garage Sale finds this past weekend?