Tuesday, May 26

The Big Reveal - Playhouse Exterior...

It has finally come together!

And just in time for the long Memorial Weekend...


The kids love it even more than I could have hoped for...

which is nice considering all of the time and effort that went into designing, building, painting and decorating it!

Remember where we started from?



Here are a few of the exterior elements:


A starfish...of course...



A hanging lantern...


A cedar flower box made to fit perfectly by Daddy...

(the boys picked out the flowers - they were going for the colors of the rainbow!)


And...

(drumroll, please...)



A Dutch Door!!

If I can't have an adult sized one, then at least we can let the kids have one!


Having my own Dutch Door (or two, or three) is still definitely on my wish list though!



We are extremely happy with how it turned out!

The shingles on the facade made all the difference on the look of the house, so despite it being a challenge to put them up (because we were working on such a small scale), we're both happy that we took the time to do it...


And my old window fits in perfectly with the look I was going for...


It is only 4 feet by 4 feet on the inside, but surprisingly, we can all fit in it...
at the same time!

And several of the women in our family can actually stand up straight while inside the house!


The kids got to see their cousin, Major, this weekend and I was thrilled that he (at nearly 2 years old) was just as happy to chill inside the playhouse as our kids are!

It was pretty cute to see all of them in there together!


And I can finally display the House Numbers that I made for the playhouse...
(see the rock at the corner?
)


I still need to make a "playhouse" sign for the outside and I would love to find a nautical themed weather vane to put on the roof, a little manual doorbell would be adorable...
but other than that, the exterior is finished!

I will show you pictures of the inside once we have it finished. We're still debating over a couple of options - just deciding which route to go. But I was able to get all of the interior painting done - which was no small task!
Have you ever tried to paint OSB?
Not fun at all!
And unlike the lucky ladies that can stand up on the inside, I (at 5' 9") cannot, so painting was....painful. But I love how it turned out and look forward to getting it finished up!

I can happily say...
chicken coop-turned-playhouse has been a great success!

................................................................

I am adding this post to the line up over at Julia's weekly blog party - Hooked on Friday's! Be sure to head over and see what everyone else is Hooked On this week!
And if you're feeling inspired, share what you are Hooked On too!