Thursday, June 11

Custom Color Chalkboard Paint...


Did you know that you can custom color your chalkboard paint?

Waaay back in January of 2007, MarthaStewart.com posted instructions on how to do it...


What ingredients to mix, the ratios, as well as the necessary supplies...


I am loving this coral color!



Check out this blue...


...and this pantry whose chalkboard surface seamlessly ties into the rest of the door...




This is quite clever...





Of course, there's nothing wrong with the traditional green...


...or the oh-so-chic black that is all the rage these days...

Image courtesy of CoastalLiving.com


Image courtesy of CountryLiving.com


Image courtesy of CountryLiving.com



But I have to say, that coral color is speaking to me.

My black chalkboard may be nearing the end of it's days to make way for a more lively color!

It seems easy enough!



If you're looking for a little chalkboard inspiration before you take the plunge, check out

Crystal's gorgeous new chalkboard over at Olive Rue

and

Melaine's kitchen wall over at My Sweet Savannah

(talk about taking the plunge! She dove right in!)



I have a whole slew of other projects that need to get done before I take this on, but when I do, I'll let you know how it goes!
And if you decide to try whipping up your own custom colored chalkboard paint, come back and share your review with me!
I would love to hear about it!