Friday, October 2

Our Official Announcement...


Yesterday was a significant day for us.

A day that we will remember...always.

Yesterday was the day that my husband officially lost his job.

He and 45 other Alaska Airlines pilots were laid off, for a total of 106 pilots that they have now put on the street...


This change is going to bring challenges with it...

challenges that I thought we were exempt from after being hired by Alaska Airlines,

but according to the Company...the economy is in such bad shape that this has to happen.



So we have a choice to make.

We either let it get the best of us

or

we look at this as an opportunity!

A chance to see what our life can be like without the sacrifice of airline life!

(I know you pilots wives out there know what I'm talking about!)



So don't expect this post to have a "poor me" tone to it...

the way I see it, this is the first time in over 10 years that I have a

full-time husband
!

The first holiday season in over 10 years that our kids will have their Daddy home for

every

single

Holiday!



I know that this lay-off is a bad thing and believe me, we have gone through the 5 stages of grief...

but we have arrived at

acceptance

and now, we're ready to see what possibilities lie ahead!



So consider this our

Official Announcement:

Out of work pilot who doubles as a carpenter suddenly has lots of free time on his hands!


If you live in the Pacific Northwest near the Seattle/Tacoma area and are looking for a carpenter,

I may have just the man for the job!