Friday, November 13

A Pretty Thanksgiving...


These crafts from Katie Brown and Country Living almost make me wish I still had a dining room to make pretty for this year's big Thanksgiving dinner...

almost.

Actually, this year we are spending Thanksgiving with friends. More specifically, my best friend and her family. A first for us and something that we have been trying to make happen for years!

But with or without a dining room, these are easy and inexpensive crafts that will make the big day even more beautiful and festive.

And even though I'm not hosting this year, I would use just about any excuse to make these!

I love this one.

A simple rosemary plant (my favorite) wrapped in burlap and a shiny copper ribbon.

Simple and elegant...




This pinecone garland would be gorgeous laid out on the table in between serving platters and candles, and equally as beautiful framing your doorway to greet your guests...




A little ribbon, faux berries, glitter and a glue gun are all that's needed to make truly customized napkin rings for your table...




Give each of your dinner guests their own personal pocket for their utensils with a little burlap and a button...




You would never guess that there's a milk jug in there!

Covered in wood scraps and a little gold spray paint, that empty milk jug becomes a perfect addition to your fall decor...

(I'll be making this one for sure! We've got wood scraps galore!)



And last, but not least, welcome your guests as they approach your door with this rustic sign made from an old crate and twigs...


I'm feeling crafty!

Time to go raid the wood scrap pile...