Monday, November 23

All Dressed Up...


With only 3 days to go until Thanksgiving, I can't help but be drawn to images and memories of Thanksgiving's past.

For me, the table decor is most often about simplicity...

Easy on the eye, elegant and not at all overdone.



My centerpieces for Thanksgiving dinner 2007 were made by filling two identical vases with cranberries and flowers, greenery and berries from the local grocery store...


By using different shades of fall colors and adding hints of coral with the sprigs of berries, I was able to achieve the look I wanted. Using small vases that stand only 6" tall, meant that I could keep the centerpieces tight and compact so that our guests could sit at the table and still have a conversation at eye level.

I was happy with how they turned out and the best part was that it was accomplished on a very small budget!


I made our place cards by wrapping three cinnamon sticks with twine and adding a tag with each guests name handwritten on it. Set in the center of each plate, it gave off a natural and organic look, but even better was that it smelled wonderful as well!


We love hosting gatherings and Thanksgiving dinner 2007 was no exception!



Here is a little inspiration if you're still searching for the perfect way to get your Thanksgiving table
all dressed up...

















So pretty!

........................................................................


Time for me to go shopping!

I have a list of items to get for Thanksgiving dinner as well as the ingredients for Cranberry Orange Bread that I am making for the boys to take to their teacher's on Wednesday. It is one of my favorite things to make during the holiday season.

It's delicious!


I'll be sure to share the recipe!


Three days to go...are you ready?




P.S. I am posting this over at Be Different...Act Normal. She's trying out MckLinky and is looking for Thanksgiving posts. Got one to add to the list? Head over and check it out!