Wednesday, November 4

Sick And Tired...


...of being sick and tired!

I have spent the past three days in bed with a fever that I could not shake.

Until this morning.

This is the first time since Saturday night that I have been fever-free! Which means that there is an end in sight to being sick and, more importantly, having to lay in bed with nothing to do.

You know, as a mom, the thought of spending days in bed with nothing to do seems like a luxury, a vacation, but I have to say...I was so bored, I could hardly stand it.

I am happy to be on the mend and cannot wait to get back to normal life!



Prior to getting sick, we had a great Halloween!

We carved our pumpkins on Thursday night and, just like every year, the boys were in charge of cleaning out their own. In past year's they've tended to be a bit squeamish about it, but this year they got the job done!

Ellison, however, was happy to help...

(funny girl! Who actually likes to clean out the insides of the pumpkin?)



Once all of the pumpkins were cleaned, Will carved the designs that the boys had chosen. They turned out great!





This pumpkin came from our very own garden...

It was just as big as our store bought pumpkins!

Still a bit green, but I think it added to the scary look!



Ellison and I made the moon and a star...




On Halloween day my parents came over and it turned into a day of cooking and baking.

We made Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
(a family favorite! You can find the recipe here)

and two different kinds of pizza:

a 4 cheese pizza that Will makes with
Mozarella, Asiago, Parmesan and Blue Cheese
(seriously - blue cheese! It's really good on this pizza!)


and a Deep Dish Pizza recipe that we got from a good friend
(my favorite pizza!)

Both delicious!


And Caramel Apples...

Yummy!



Finally, it was time to get dressed up and head on out...


Owen, the Skeleton

Ellison, the Witch

William, the Dementor
(a Harry Potter character - his choice)


We always hit Grandma's house first. It's only three doors down and she always makes special bags for her grandkids. After a couple more houses, Ellison calls it quits and gets dropped back off at home with me to check out her loot...


It was a fun day and night!

And with the exception of coming down with the flu, it was a great Halloween!


Now, time to take down all of those bats...