Tuesday, December 8

Cranberry-Orange Bread...


This is one of my favorite things to make during the holiday season!

It's easy to make, my family loves it and it makes the house smell so good.

This is the bread that I made for the boys' teacher's to enjoy with their family during their Thanksgiving weekend.

If you get the chance, you should definitely try making it.

I bet you'll be hooked!



The recipe comes from

Betty Crocker's Best Of Baking

...a cookbook that was given to me by my Mom over 10 years ago.

It's a good one!

.....................................................................



Cranberry-Orange Bread


Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
3/4 cup orange juice
1 egg
1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)



Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan.
(8 & 1/2" x 4 & 1/2" x 2 & 1/2" or 9" x 5" x 3")

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; stir in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in orange peel, orange juice and egg just until moistened; stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread in pan.

Bake 8" loaf for 1 hour and 15 minutes, 9" loaf for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Loosen sides of bread from pan and remove to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.

**I always make a double batch so that I can get two loaves out of it. The way my family eats this up, it's always better to have two! But, at Christmas time, I like to have a second loaf to wrap up and give to the neighbors. So, if you choose to bake two loaves at a time, be sure to decrease your cooking time to 45 minutes.**



The recipe says that one loaf yield's 24 slices...

not in this house, Betty!


Enjoy!




P.S. I am posting this at:

Holiday Linky Friday at The Inspired Room