Saturday, November 13

Grown-Up Grilled Cheese...


I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

Actually, I'm not a fan at all.

Bread, butter and cheddar cheese all put together is not what I crave. Ever.


But when I saw this story in a recent issue of Martha Stewart magazine, I was definitely tempted. I could do Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, for sure.


They are, as follows:


Gruyere, Prosciutto, Arugula, and Tomato on White...

*Yum!*


Fontina, Harissa, and Pear on Rye...


Gruyere, Apple, and Sage on Rye...


Cheddar, Dijon Mustard, Bacon, Tomatoes, Avocado, and Pepper on Sourdough...


Gruyere, Red Onion, Prosciutto, and Pepper on Rye...


Cheddar, Jalapeno, and Cilantro on White...


Gruyere, Oil-Packed Sardines, Peppadew Peppers, and Arugula on Rye...


Cheddar, Cherry Preserves, and Basil on White...


Fontina, Oil-Packed Tuna, and Relish on White...


Cheddar, Bacon, and Pickles on Sourdough...


Mmmmm...


It all sounds (and looks) like really, yummy comfort food. And it's cold and rainy here today, which makes it a perfect day for a steaming cup of hot soup and a tasty, melted sandwich.

The only problem is...how to choose which sandwich to make first!