Sunday, February 8

Just waiting on a few finishing touches...


...and then my new home office will be complete. I can't tell you how happy I am to have everything in one place and not covered in lint and dust from dryer sheets!
(If you're not sure what I'm referring to, read this post!)

My husband pointed out that having an office in the master bedroom is probably very un-Feng Shui...he's probably right. But we put doors on the bookcase so that all of my supplies and work related items are out of sight. The top display cabinet of the bookcase is only there to look beautiful! That is it's primary function! I have a white ceramic pot with petite daffodils in bloom sitting on my desk and a candle in my favorite scent. I want to hit up the local thrift stores and find a worn dining chair that I can paint and recover to perfectly coordinate with our bedroom! So, with all of that being said, as long as this corner of our room remains pretty and uncluttered, I think we'll be ok as far as Feng Shui goes!

I will take more pictures of how the desk and bookcase turned out - detailed photos of the painting and aging process and helpful hints about what we learned from this project!

I have orders to fill, so I guess it's time to get to work!

Gladly!