Sunday, March 15

Pink! Pink! And More Pink!


I should preface this post by saying that after having two boys, I was certain that I was never going to get my pink little girl. We were pretty darn sure that we were done after having two kids and I was learning to accept the fact that I would never be decorating a pink nursery for a baby girl of my own.

And then....in the summer of '05, I discovered that I was pregnant.

It was completely unexpected!

So, with some help from my friend, Jen, in AZ who came over and watched the boys, I took my husband out to dinner to tell him the news.

I handed him a present that said...


We were SO excited!

But I didn't dare hope that it was a girl.
I was certain it was going to be a boy.

At our 20 week ultrasound the tech told us that our baby was, in fact, a girl!

No way....

NO WAY!

It was hard to believe, but sure enough, 4 excruciatingly long months later, our sweet Baby Ellison arrived!
Perfectly Pink!

To say that I was "excited" would be an understatement.

And so began the introduction of the most feminine color into our home.

All of that being said,

Welcome to Ellison's room!


This was how we announced that we were pregnant to our family and friends.








I hand painted scallops all the way around her room.


And painted a polka-dot border up near the ceiling.



The yellow doll cradle was made for me by my grandparents when I was little.










Ellison's absolute favorite baby doll, Abby.




Notice the worn out copy of Cinderella that we read every night before bed.
It is well loved!












A picture of my mom on her 2nd birthday.



































Ellison's Tea Party table.





















I have to give credit to my husband - he made Ellison's bed! I had wanted to find a beautiful, old iron bed for her room, but he really wanted to make one for her. We designed it based off of a few different pictures that we had found and I love how it turned out.
And it is so much more special to have a bed made by her Daddy!


And, yes, I totally went over board on the pictures!

I just couldn't choose!


Thanks for taking the tour of Ellison's room!

I'm just waiting for the day when she says "Enough pink, already!"
I'm sure that day is coming...

But until then, pink it is!

.................................................................

To see more make-over's head on over to Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch where you will find tons of great inspiration!