Thursday, April 2

In The Cookie Jar - Week Six...

I will admit (and actually, I think I have before)...if a cookie doesn't have chocolate in it, my first instinct is to say "no thank you".

If it has raisins in it, don't even bother asking me.

As of yesterday, that policy has changed...

This photo of our cookie jar should be evidence enough that these cookies are really, really good!

If you look back at past In The Cookie Jar posts you will see that every week our cookie jar is filled to the brim. Normally I make a double batch to ensure that we have cookies to last all week long, but this week I only made a single batch. Going away for the weekend and spending a few days being sick messed with my cookie schedule...

I expected to have a cookie jar that was at least half way full by the time I was done pulling the last cookie sheet out of the oven. Not...even...close.

Here's why...

I couldn't keep the cookie monster's out of the dough!
It was SO yummy!

I did a couple of things differently than the recipe called for - one out of necessity and the other out of personal preference.

I realized when I got to "1/2 tsp. ground cloves" on the recipe that I didn't actually have any ground cloves. Oops! I did a quick search online to see what substitutes I could use and it seemed like All Spice or Pumpkin Pie Spice would be adequate.

I decided to go with All Spice.

The other change was that I used Golden Raisins instead of regular raisins. Like I said, not a huge fan of raisins, so I thought I would switch it up.

Delicious!


Super easy to make!

Liked by all!

And they made the house smell so good!


*Note to self: Make a double batch. Always!*


I think an addition that would send these cookies right to the top of the favorites list would be to add mini chocolate chips!

But, that's a bit predictable coming from me, right?

I'll definitely have to try that next time!

I hope you like them as much as we do!

Enjoy!

.....................................................................

To see past In The Cookie Jar posts click here!