Friday, April 10

Thrifty Girls - The Big Reveal...

A couple of weeks ago I posted about some great Thrift Store finds and my plans to change them up a bit.

Want to see what became of them?

First, there was the hand carved wooden bowl that I found for $1.99...

I sanded down some really rough spots...

...and the whole thing got a few good coats of Walnut colored Danish Oil.

I have it sitting on my entry table holding some hand carved wooden balls that I bought a few years ago.

Remember how it looked before?

It was as if someone had carved it, but was unhappy with how it turned out and tossed it in a bag to give to the Salvation Army.

It wasn't finished at all. Just raw wood.

I sure am happy they decided to get rid of it!

I love how it turned out!




Then there were the Shoe Forms, purchased on the same day, also for $1.99...

I could have sat them on a shelf somewhere, simply for display, but I really wanted to make them function in a unique way, so here is what I did...

They got mounted on beaded board and my husband built a frame that I distressed and white washed. I added a quote that seemed appropriate to go along with shoe forms...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

It hangs in our hallway which is where all of the dressing for outdoors occurs.
Coats, shoes, scarves, hats, keys. etc...

The knobs on the shoe forms are perfect "hooks"...

...to hold miscellaneous items!


I like how it turned out!

Just a little bit quirky and functional at the same time!



On another note, the headboard project is going better than I could have hoped for! My husband is a Rock Star carpenter and he made it absolutely perfect! I like it even more than I had imagined!

I'm working on getting it painted and finished and then I'll post pics.
Can't wait to show you all what it looks like!
And I really can't wait to find another "FREE Stuff" headboard and do it all over again!

Pictures coming soon!
......................................................

Flea Market Style is having a party!

If you're a "Flea Marketeer", link up and show off some of your favorite flea market finds!