Tuesday, July 14

More Benches...

What could be better than one bench?


*****


A pair of benches!


Last week I mentioned that my Carpenter was building a couple of benches for one of my clients, and here is how they turned out...


I love all of the knots and wood grain that shows through in them!

Gorgeous!


We came up with the design based off of how we wanted them to look and function...


I am extremely pleased with them and I was actually a bit sad to see them leave our garage! But they look great in my client's entryway/living room and I think they will be a wonderful asset when it comes to hosting the large gatherings that she puts on for her extended family!

Benches are a great option for portable, yet beautiful, seating when it comes to entertaining!



I used

Minwax Wood Finish

in Dark Walnut #2716

and

Minwax Wipe-On Poly

in Clear Satin

I cannot say enough good things about the Wipe-On Poly!
It was so easy to apply and I love the look that it created on the benches - a hand-rubbed finish was exactly what I was looking for!


We actually like them so much that we're considering making two more and using them in place of our 4 chairs at our kitchen table!

Stay tuned!

There may be more benches to come!