Thursday, October 8

Hooked On Globe Lights...


Well....sort of...

I mean, clearly they are gorgeous!


And festive.

And romantic.

And just...so darn pretty!


For me, there's just something about globe lights strung up, illuminating the night.


So I decided that I needed some...


Except, (you know me) I wasn't about to buy them.

Nope.

Not a chance.

Those suckers are pricey!


So, naturally, I came up with a solution...

because I was bound and determined to get the glow!

So...

I went faux!

Ha!


Confused?

I know.

Faux globe lights...

what in the world does that mean?

I'll show you...



First, I needed something to string the lights on. We always have a healthy supply of 2 x 4's out in the garage, so Will split a few of them in half on the table saw, to just under 1 and 3/4" each.

Then (just for looks) he ran them through the table saw again, cutting off each corner. Definitely not an essential step, but worth it if you have the time. Each one got a quick coat of white paint to blend in on our deck...


Once all of the posts were secured to the deck, we went under the house to dig out the Christmas boxes.

(Still confused?)

Instead of buying several boxes of expensive globe lights, I decided to use strands of Christmas lights we already own!


Totally FREE!

Perfect!


I used picture hangers nailed at the tops of the posts to hold the wire, and then we began to hang up the lights...



I wasn't sure how the green wire was going to look during the day, but as it turns out, it completely blends in with the surrounding landscape...


Once we got the strands of Christmas lights up and plugged in, I couldn't wait for nightfall to arrive to see how they were going to look...



As soon as it was dark, I flipped the switch and...


Viola!

The exact look I was going for, without any of the expense...


A free makeover that made a huge difference in the look and feel of our deck.

All we had to invest was a very small amount of time.

Does it get any better than that?

I mean, really?

If you are my husband, the answer is a resounding NO!

No, it does not get any better than that!




P.S. I am posting this over at Hooked On Houses
and DIY Day over at A Soft Place To Land
and at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday