Tuesday, December 15

Christmas 2009 - Home Tour...


The decorating is done and now it's time to sit back and enjoy it.

Welcome to our home...all dressed up for Christmas!








The view of our entry, and what you see when you walk through the front door...



A few Christmas ornaments and some matching ribbon was all it took to turn our everyday entry mirror into something more festive.



We even have a little snow...



The lighted wreath on our bedroom door makes the entry glow at night...


Since each of the kids have their own bedroom this year, they each got a wreath on their door, personalized just for them.

William's favorite color is green...


Owen's favorite is blue...


And pink, of course, for Ellison...


I think this string of delicate, glittery snowflakes is so pretty. And perfect in her girly room...




The tree branches above our bed got a little *bling* for the holidays...





A major change this year, from years past...our Christmas tree is in our Family Room, instead of the Living Room where it normally appears in December.

This was Will's idea.
I was skeptical, at best.
Ok, honestly...I was not on board with the idea.
At all.

But he fought for what he wanted (got to respect someone who stands up for what they believe in!) and after weeks of debating about it through the month of November, I finally gave in, and the day after Thanksgiving we put the tree up in our Family Room.

So how do I feel about it now?


I LOVE it!


Will was totally right!

His reason for wanting the tree in this room was so that it would be right by the fireplace and next to the mantel that we hang our stockings on. I thought for sure that it would be too crowded and that it wouldn't work.

I am here to say...I was wrong.

(This will make him feel good!)

Will was right!

And I'm sure our tree will be in our family room every Christmas.

It is right off of our kitchen and the place that we spend most of our time, so really...it just makes sense to have it in here.

It's so cozy. Exactly how we want it to feel during the holidays!



For the mantel, I gathered lots of glass - vases, jars, urns...whatever I could fit together on the mantel. It didn't matter that they didn't match or didn't relate to each other. The red and silver ornaments are what create the look...





Our wool stockings were made by my mother-in-law. I love the colors and textures and the boys love that they are so BIG...



And one of our favorite items to hang by the stockings...

And, yes, it has two handwritten letters in it.

I love watching them write their letters to Santa!



This year, the tree was decorated by the kids.

I put some of our Christmas balls around the back and sides of the tree, but everything else was done by the kids. That's why all of the ornaments are hung in a column down the front...


You can almost see a straight line down the side of the tree where the ornaments end...


They were just so excited to get them all on!

I love how it looks.

It is perfectly imperfect.

And the best part is how proud of it they are.

To me, it is beautiful.

Crooked star on top, and all!





Thanks for touring our home!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!