Tuesday, April 7

In The Cookie Jar - Week Seven...

This weeks recipe:

Chocolate Crinkles

found on Allrecipes.com

I always think of Chocolate Crinkles as a Christmas cookie, but yesterday morning as I was running out of the house to play chauffeur to the kids and their school schedules, I remembered that I had forgotten to find a cookie recipe. I wanted to go to the store while I was out instead of having to make a second trip, but I had already turned off the computer (in an effort to be a bit more energy conscious when I'm not at home), so I had to rely on recipes that I had printed out in the past. This was the first one that I came across and Owen was completely on board when I asked him if he thought these would be ok for this week!

They're delicious!

Too good, really...

A warning if you're considering making them:

They are messy!!

Messy to make and messy to eat!

These will not be getting packed in school lunches.

The kids each had one when the first cookie sheet came out of the oven and by the time they took their last bites, they were covered in powdered sugar!

*FYI*

Be sure to read the reviews before you make this recipe. There are some great and useful bits of information to be found!

I didn't realize until I was halfway through baking them that placing the dough in the freezer between each baking would help with rolling them out.

Next time, I will be sure to read the reviews first!

If you like chocolate, you'll love these!
They are perfectly fudgy and chewy!
Worth the mess in making them, for sure!

Enjoy!

...........................................

To see previous In The Cookie Jar posts click here!